Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Inspiration

A friend of ours was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  She has had quite a roller-coaster of emotions!  She has had surgery and will be having chemotherapy.  I made her a card to show her how  much we care.


Isn't is so pretty?  But I couldn't stop there!  This friend jokes and laughs all the time!  I had to make her laugh.


Even better?  I signed the card from me and my husband, sealed it, and made him give it to her without him knowing what was on the inside!  Tee hee hee!  


I can't take credit for the cute punch art!  That was from a class I took with my upline Niki.  It is one of my favorite classes she offers.  Check out how it is constructed...


It is kind of hard to see.  But one side of the page is the recipe: one 1 3/4 scallop circle (cut in half), two 1 3/8 circle punches, and two word windows construct the punch art.  The finished result is on the second page.  I think the vision was for a bachelorette party.  I never thought that I would be using it for a get well card.  

Anyway, I hope our friend has a quick recovery as well as a lot of laughs along the way!

Tee hee~

Nicole  

No comments:

Post a Comment